Merlin and At Least One of the Wives...


MUSIC BREAK:)

Rick Wakeman is AMAZING~ totally AMAZING! (okay, so his hair needs a lot of help, but just watch his fingers and you'll be okay) Dont let the sweet soft beginning of this piece fool you...listen until he gets going...you wont believe your eyes! I saw him in person a couple of years ago and yes, his hands REALLY do move that fast...whooooosh.

If you have never heard of him, chances are you have still heard him before...my first introduction to him (unbeknownst to me at the time) was the gorgeous piano solo in Cat Steven's version of "Morning Has Broken"...he has recorded with David Bowie, several solo projects and of course is probably best known for his work with the band Yes.

This is a bit of a montage of several of his solo works...my hubby informs me that the carnival like bit in the middle is from Merlin, and that the INCREDIBLE bit that starts around 3:00 minutes is one of the 6 Wives of Henry the 8th...probably Catherin Parr if he remembers correctly.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That was very cool-I enjoyed it a lot. I think my husband would know who he is...

I can be found here
One of a Kind Wisconsin.

Hot Rocks said...

Rick Wakeman was an icon in the
'70s, when I was a teen...OK now I am showing my age! He is great, thanks for sharing this!

Karla said...

Lol,yes....Im usually showing my age as well, although my 21 year old son knows as much about that era of music as anyone my age!

Does anyone else think Rick looks like Jack Bauer with crazy hair in this video??

:-)

Thanks for the comments...I have enjoyed popping by both your blogs on my EC dropping trips, and plan to try to have more time to stop and stay awhile soon!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awe inspiring. Thank you so much for posting this.

twenty pound tabby said...

Ah, Yes, brings me back to the 70's. I still have the old albums.

Carolina Gonzalez said...

Oh I love Rick Wakeman - and Cat Stevens too! Thanks for sharing this!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...